How to secure your digital Christmas presents
What are some of the key things you should do with your shiny new device as soon as you unbox it?
It’s that time of year again, and chances are that new tech will be one of the gifts tucked under your Christmas tree. Whether it’s a smartphone, laptop or, say, an Internet-of-Things (IoT) gadget, there’s a number of things you should consider even before you properly use your new device. Ensuring that your new tech is properly secured is more important than ever. Here are a couple of questions you should answer:
- How should you lock it up?
- How do you ensure that your personal information remains secure even if your device is lost or stolen?
- Why stay current with regular security updates?
- Why should you plan for how to back up your data?
- How can dedicated security software help?
- Why should you take the time to read privacy policies?
Watch the video to find out.