Need to Track an iPhone Without Them Knowing? Here’s 3 Proven Ways!
Apple’s iPhone is a popular mobile device that many people in the U.S. prefer over Google’s Android phone.
Young people especially love iPhones, as these devices are stylish, fast, and help them stay in touch.
It’s estimated that young people spend an average of 12 hours on social media per week. This is enough time for online predators and scammer to pressure their victims to share intimate content or credit card details.
If you want to prevent your loved one from being manipulated by a scammer, you need to know everything about their online activity.
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links, meaning we may earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, but this is at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
In this article, you will find proven ways for tracking an iPhone without the owner knowing.
How to Track Someone’s Phone If They Use iOS: 3 Ways
However, there are a couple of legal and easy ways to do it. Precisely, you can track someone’s iPhone with the help of iCloud, Google Timeline, or a parental control app.
1. Use iCloud to Track iPhone Location without Person Knowing
The easiest way to monitor someone else’s iPhone is through iCloud. Although you can’t see a complete picture of their online activity, iCloud makes it possible to locate a device on the map, lock the screen, play a sound, and erase all the data.
Do the following to track someone iPhone without them knowing with iCloud:
- Log in to a target person’s iCloud account.
- Click Find My Phone.
- Open All Devices and select iPhone.
- View the location of an iPhone on the map.
2. Track an iPhone Without Them Knowing with Google Timeline
If you urgently need to detect a target iPhone’s location, you can use Google Timeline. It allows you to use gps, track iPhone without them knowing, and be aware of the needed person’s whereabouts.
As Google stores information about areas visited by a user, it can easily show you their current location (if the target phone is turned on).
To monitor an iPhone with Google Timeline, follow these steps:
- Log in to a target user’s Google account.
- Go to https://www.google.com/maps/timeline?pb.
- Choose the needed date or select Today.
- View the location history for the whole day.
- Scroll and choose the recent location update.
3. Use an App to Track iPhone Without Them Knowing
It’s pretty cool that both Google and Apple have tools to locate someone’s iPhone. Not only can you track its location if it’s lost or stolen, but you can also protect the data from being used by scammers.
But it’s not enough if you’re in dire need to know more about your close one’s behavior on the Internet.
As an option, you can try installing monitoring software on their iPhone. A parental control app, such as mSpy, can give you diverse possibilities to know what the needed person is doing online.
Usually, parental control apps offer similar monitoring features, such as GPS location tracking, viewing call logs, and reading text messages. However, some apps are more advanced and can provide you with diverse monitoring possibilities.
Other possibilities of mSpy include monitoring another person’s data, such as:
- Phone book contacts;
- Sent, received, and deleted text messages, including iMessages;
- Incoming and outgoing calls;
- Browser History (Safari) and visited URLs;
- Calendar and planned events;
- Installed apps;
- Used Wi-Fi networks;
- Social media chats;
- Sent and received multimedia files;
- User passwords with the help of Keylogger;
- Keyboard strokes and restricted words.
Note that to use some of mSpy’s advanced features, you need to jailbreak a target iPhone and buy a Premium subscription. What’s more, the mSpy support team can help you install the app remotely.
Can You Track Someone’s iPhone Without Permission Legally?
If you’re concerned about monitoring another person’s iPhone, you need to know the law. In the U.S.A, you can use a legitimate monitoring app, such as mSpy, in two cases such as if a person is informed about being monitored and agrees or If a monitored person is your underage child. It may also be legit if you own the electronic device. It’s best to review your local law to be sure.
What are the most popular features?
mSpy has a vast number of advanced features for sophisticated monitoring.
With mSpy, parents can:
- Read text messages;
- View call logs;
- Restrict unwanted numbers from reaching your kid;
- Read incoming and outgoing emails;
- Track GPS location;
- Monitor instant messengers (Facebook, Instagram, Viber, WhatsApp);
- View a list of installed apps and block hazardous ones;
- Set safe and dangerous zones and get a notification when your kid enters them;
- Capture all the keystrokes typed on the target device;
- View browsing history saved bookmarks and block hazardous sites;
- View the calendar entries and contact list;
And many other benefits!
Note! The number of features depends on the subscription package you choose. Before purchase decide what features you need and choose the package according to your preferences.
How does mSpy work?
First of all, let’s clear up that mSpy is easy and convenient in use and there is nothing complicated in using it. The software has a user-friendly interface, simple menu and provides a step-by-step installation guide.
To get started with mSpy, three steps should be completed:
- Step 1. Buy mSpy – Go to the official website and choose the subscription package that caters to the needs of your family the most. (There are three subscription packages: Basic, Premium and No-Jailbreak, each of them is available for 1, 6 or 12 months).
Fill in the billing information, select the payment method and then submit your order. Once the payment is confirmed, you will get a welcome email with your personal credentials (login & password, download link, and step-by-step guide).
- Step 2. Install & Set Up – Now you need to verify your email address. Go to your email and find a letter from mSpy customer support team. Open it and follow the download link. Once the mSpy app is downloaded, follow the step-by-step guide to set mSpy up. It will take approximately 5 minutes.
- Step 3. Start tracking – Once the setup process is successfully completed, you can start your target device monitoring. For instance, you will see sent and received texts, incoming and outgoing calls, browsing history, installed apps and many other things.
Is it Safe to Use mSpy?
You don’t need to be afraid to use mSpy as it is absolutely safe:
- Firstly, it is absolutely legal if you want to monitor the device of your underage kid to be aware that they don’t come across age-inappropriate things or communicate with strangers online.
- Secondly, mSpy is completely undetectable. So, your kids can’t find that you monitor their devices. All the target device data will be kept on the virtual dashboard so that you can access it remotely at any convenient time.
- Thirdly, it is impossible to detect mSpy by any signs. All the apps will continue to work in the same mode, without slowing the target device down.
As young people in the U.S. prefer iPhones over other smartphones and spend a lot of their free time online, adults need a solution to protect the younger generation from the dangers of the Internet. What’s more, your partner may go missing after work. And it’s natural if you want to know their exact whereabouts.
In a nutshell, locating your loved ones is a caring act especially if you suspect they’re in trouble. It’s good to know that there are multiple ways to find their location remotely.
The mSpy parental control app can be a good option for you, as it has all the necessary features to monitor other people and prevent them from being tricked or harassed online.
Since the app allows you to see the exact whereabouts of the needed person, you can always be aware of their plans and make sure they’re safe.
- Why Identity Theft is on the Rise
- Should You Get These Identity Protection Services?
- Best 4 Apps to Spy on Your Boyfriend’s Phone
- 15+ Ways Identity Theft Can Happen to You
- 10+ Phone Spy Apps to Track a Loved One