It’s almost time for the holiday season which means people love to share what they shop for, events and parties they attend and more. From posting to social media to shopping online, the more convenience we have at our fingertips, so do cybercriminals and others with bad intent.
Check out these cyber tips below to use caution with your online activity. You are responsible for your online safety. Take the time to not make mistakes. Protect your data.
You can get a copy of these tips by clicking here.
Online Caution Cyber Tips
Passwords and Privacy Settings
Choose strong passwords and never share them with anyone else. Check privacy settings often.
Some programs and apps install malware to steal private data. Download content from only trusted sources.
Limit Online Social Life Interaction
Exercise caution with online interaction. Avoid scammers and fake users. Do not share personal information or send private photos.
Shop from secure websites. Avoid saving your credit card data. Read reviews and contact sellers before purchases. Ensure easy returns.
Think Before Posting
Use caution before each post you share. Remember family, friends, and potential employers can see posts, especially shared screenshots.
- Top 10 Holiday Shopping Cyber Safety Tips
- Top 10 + Dating Scam Signs
- 5 Cyber Safety Tips
- Best 4 Apps to Spy on Your Boyfriend’s Phone Without the Target Phone
- 5 Cyber Tips for Cautious Online Activity
- Strong Password Tips
- 7 Best Online Safety Tips
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- 10 Best Mobile Phone Number Tracker with Google Maps
- How to Read Someone’s Emails without a Password